If you are a Playstation 4 user, chances are you may have encountered the Minecraft PS4 not loading problem that some users have been reporting. This issue is especially troubling for those who have spent countless hours building and creating in their worlds only to be greeted with a frozen loading screen or crash loop following an attempted launch.
Fortunately, with the help of this guide, we can help you get back to the world of Minecraft and playing it pain-free again. We’ll cover several troubleshooting tips that may help fix this stubborn issue as well as provide more general fixes if your game is crashing at random times. With a little bit of effort on our part, we’ll have you crafting back in no time!
- Troubleshooting tips to fix the Minecraft PS4 not loading issue
- General fixes if your game is crashing at random times
What Causes the Minecraft PS4 Not Loading Error?
The Minecraft PS4 not loading error, that you might encounter when you launch the game, is usually caused by problems with your console, or corrupt data within your game. It’s important to identify the source of this issue before attempting to fix it, so you can address the problem in an effective way.
In some cases, the problem is caused by a software issue, such as outdated firmware or game software. Other times, it might be an issue with hardware, like an incompatible modem or router. Additionally, it’s possible that something on your profile has become corrupted due to server errors or incorrect settings.
Once you have identified the cause of the Minecraft PS4 not loading error, it’s time to start troubleshooting. Common solutions include:
- Restarting your console and checking for updates
- Double-checking any cables and connections
- Verifying file integrity
- Running a disk clean up
- Testing different ports and networks
- Trying other profiles on your console
If these options don’t work out for you then contacting PlayStation Network Support may be helpful in diagnosing further issues with compatibility.
How to Fix the Minecraft PS4 Not Loading Error?
If you’re trying to play Minecraft on your PlayStation 4 and you’re getting stuck on the loading screen then there could be a few things wrong. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the common issues that can arise when trying to play Minecraft on the PS4, as well as the steps you can take to fix the issue. We’ll also offer up some tips on how to prevent the issue from occurring in the future. Let’s get into the details!
Update your System Software
Ensuring that your PlayStation 4 (PS4) system software is up to date is an important step when troubleshooting any issue with the system. Updates can include improvements or fixes that help prevent problems, enhance performance, and let you access the newest features Sony Interactive Entertainment has to offer.
To update your System Software:
- Power off the PS4 by holding down the power button (until you hear two beep sounds).
- Connect your DualShock 4 controller using a USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.
- Select Update System Software under Settings > System tab on your home page, then follow the instructions to complete your updates.
- Once complete, select Restart PS4 under Settings > System tab on your home page and then confirm by selecting Okay to reboot the console with updated system software.
- After restart, try launching Minecraft as normal and check if it works properly now without any stuck screen issue or freezing on loading screen issue occurring successfully fix this error code 2017 for Minecraft game play in PS4 console automatically!
Reinstall the Game
Reinstalling Minecraft will often fix the PS4 not loading error. This is because you’re essentially starting with a completely fresh install and possibly resolving any install/update errors that could have happened while playing the game.
To do this, you should first delete the game from your system. For PS4, first go to Settings > Applications > Saved Data and delete any saved data for the game before deleting it from the list of applications. Once deleted, go to PlayStation Store and re-download the game. This may take some time depending on your connection speed, but after processing has been completed, you’ll have a fresh copy of Minecraft installed on your PS4.
Clear the Cache
If you’re encountering the “Minecraft PS4 Not Loading” error and you’re stuck in a loading loop, try to clear the cache of your console. To do this, hold down the DualShock 4 controller’s Share and PlayStation buttons simultaneously for several seconds before releasing them. Doing so will force your game to close, and when you open again, it may clear any corrupted data inside it.
If this doesn’t work and the issue persists after performing a few attempts, it is possible that other methods might help fix the problem. For example, reinstalling the game onto your console or even resetting your console (This is an extreme step but in rare cases have proven effective). Additionally, if you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer (which runs Minecraft), make sure it’s compatible with other applications that are running or installed on your computer.
Furthermore, if none of these methods work so far, then players can contact Mojang Support for detailed assistance about their query: https://help.mojang.com/en/contact
Update the Graphics Driver
To fix the Minecraft PS4 not loading error, updating the graphics driver is a recommended first step. This will ensure that all features of the game are running properly, as well as reducing risk of any game glitches.
Updating graphics drivers can be done by accessing your graphics card’s corresponding website, downloading the most recent driver, and installing it on your system. You should also make sure to restart your computer after installation.
Once completed, you should double-check that the graphics card is compatible with the version of Minecraft installed on your device. If so, your issue should be resolved and you should be able to play Minecraft PS4 without issues again!
Rebuild the Database
One of the solutions for dealing with the issue of your ‘Minecraft’ not loading on PS4 is to rebuild your console’s database. Depending on your system firmware version, there are two ways to do this. If you are using a PlayStation 4 running System Software 8.00 or below, the process is relatively simple and far less time consuming than with higher versions.
Rebuilding the database on System Software 8.00 or below:
- On your controller, hold down the PlayStation button and “Share” button simultaneously until you hear two beeps: one when first pushing, then one 7 seconds later;
- From Safe Mode select Rebuild Database;
- This process may take as long as a few minutes depending on how much data you have in your system’s Memory;
- After completion, restart your PlayStation 4 system – re-launching Minecraft should now work correctly!
If you have already updated to System Software 8.01 or above and need to use the Option to Rebuild Database, please follow these steps:
- Turn off the power of your PS4 completely – don’t simply open Rest Mode;
- Once powered off press and hold down Power Button for around 7 seconds until it beeps twice – this will launch you into Safe Mode;
- If using a DS4 Controller proceed to step 2 in this list otherwise proceed onto step 3b;
- If using other means of input proceed here – press X once to confirm selection for ‘Rebuild Database’ selection when prompted (using either X (Cross) or △ (Triangle);
- Using PS4 Controller select option 6 – ‘Rebuild Database’ from menu options after pressing ‘X’ if prompted by Safe Mode Menu;
- Using a DualShock 4 controller press X once again at promptby System Screen OR With other input methods use either Cross/X (or Triangle/Δ/△ ) confirmation key when prompted by Safe Mode Menu;
- Wait for Rebuild Process onscreen menu bar prompt to complete successfully – DO NOT turn off power during rebuild attempt it will damage your console irreversibly if turned off;
- Restart Console Post ‘Successful Completion’ prompt confirmation message appears.
In conclusion, there are several common solutions to the Minecraft PS4 not loading error. These include power cycling the PlayStation 4 console, reinstalling the game, and resetting the game-related software sound effects on your device. If none of these troubleshooting steps has solved your issue, we would advise contacting Sony or Microsoft customer service for assistance.
We have also suggested some third-party applications you can use to roll back changes and recover lost progress in order to restore your game experience. Ultimately, no matter what techniques work for you, we believe that following this guide will provide you with a greater chance of successfully addressing any problems related to Minecraft PS4 not loading stuck at the loading screen error .
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What is the cause of Minecraft PS4 not loading?
A1: The most common cause of Minecraft PS4 not loading is an outdated game version. If you are playing an old version of the game, you may experience this issue.
Q2: What can I do to fix Minecraft PS4 not loading?
A2: To fix this issue, you should update your game version to the latest version. This should resolve the issue.
Q3: How can I update my Minecraft version on PS4?
A3: To update your game version, open the game on your PS4, go to the Options menu, and select the Update tab. Your game will then update to the latest available version.